COVID-19 Guidelines (Subject to Change) - Read Carefully
• This tournament is subject to the state of Michigan laws and orders regarding COVID-19, including assembly of persons
• COVID-19 Protocols will be implemented throughout the whole tournament. There will be no exceptions.
IF YOU CAN'T COMPLY DO NOT REGISTER
Tournament COVID-19 Details - Subject to Change Daily - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
• If the tournament is cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns or by the order of USA Fencing, a full refund will be issued to all fencers except for admin fees.
• A temperature check will be taken before you enter the fencing room.
• Fencers are advised to wash their clothes each day before they come to tournaments.
• Armorers have the full right to decline checking unwashed or uncleaned equipment
• No congregating or gathering in any doorways, hallways, or walkways.
• Fencers to come to the venue semi-dressed up with knickers, socks and shoes on. No change of clothes in locker or restrooms is permitted.
• All events will be capped, and entry is on a first-come first-served basis - NO EXCEPTIONS.
Once the tournament has filled to the capped amount, a wait list will begin. When an athlete withdraws from the event the next person on the waitlist will then have 48 hours to officially register for the event and pay event fees.
• Fencers 17 and under may be accompanied by ONE PERSON ONLY
• The colored wristband will be issued daily to designated adult, accompanying the minor inside the designated fencing area. No sharing wristband allowed. The violators will be expelled from the tournament
• Having multiple fencers from the same family competing at the same time does not mean an additional spectator.
• Fencers 18 and over may not bring an additional person. No additional family or other spectators will be allowed.
Everyone in the venue must wear a face mask that covers nose and mouth except when eating and/or drinking. There are no exceptions.
If you are unable to wear a face mask stay home.
No food or drink allowed in the fencing designated area
The food in the form of the boxed lunches and the drinks will be sold at the venue through vending machines
No parents, coaches, or spectators are allowed in the designated fencing area. NO EXCEPTIONS.
ONE COACH PER CLUB ONLY WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE VENUE.
Only one(1) coach is allowed to assist a fencer during DE bouts. Coach will stand in a clearly designated area and will be instructed not to step out of this area until the bout ends. Violators will be escorted out of the venue immediately. Fencers, please relay this information to your coach
• Only fencers are allowed on the fencing floor, and must stay behind the strips all the times, except for the times they are fencing.
• Fencers are not allowed to touch the scoring machine, weights, shims, remote and scoresheet.
• Fencers to refrain from shaking hands after bouts
• Fencers to refrain from shouting or screaming after scoring a touch.
• When you have finished fencing in your event, please gather up your belongings quickly and leave the building immediately. You may not stay and socialize
• No medal ceremony. Top 8 to receive their medals from Bout Committee on their way out.
• Anything left at the end of the day (Lost & Found) will be thrown out. No Exceptions
• No monitors to display pools or results. Check live tournament results and tournament progress at www.fencingtimelive.com
• There may be additional instructions related to COVID-19 safety measures. We will keep this webpage updated and we will send a mass email to all participants with all instructions prior to the tournament.
• Y10 = 2010-2013
• Y12 = 2008-2011 (or on Y10 NRPS)
• Y14 = 2006-2009 (or on Y12 NRPS)
• CADET = 2003-2006 (or on Y14 NRPS)
• JUNIOR = 2001 -2007 (OR ON CDT NRPS)
• D1A& D2 BORN ON 2007 OR EARLIER
• VET = BORN ON 1981 OR EARLIER
Current point standings click here
If fencer is eligible to fence higher age group because of National Points, please contact us via email and we will add the fencer manually to the event and then you can pay online. Once you pay and National Points verified, we will move the fencer from "Pending" status to "Approved" status.
Tournament Schedule - Subject to Change due to COVID- Please read carefully
Close registration times are tentative and exact time will be posted on 4/16/2021
Change in event's schedule - 4/16/2021
Email to participants about changes 4/16/2021
If you have been "waitlisted" for the event due to "capping" please register anyway. We will be adding more spots as time goes by. Once we add more spots, your registration will be processed in the order it was received
• Medals for top eight finalists in each event
Our Sponsors -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Executive Platinum Sponsor-----------------------------------
-Metro Health - University of Michigan Health
HUB International and Webb Family
Ten Squared Holding - Santos Family Trust
Dr. Beighley Family Trust - Dr. Beighley and family - Grateful GRAFA Alumni
Willis Tower and Dewey family
Equipment Vendor - Absolute Fencing Gear
Event Fee and Schedule Information
Regular fee deadline 4/14/2021
Event fee refund request 4/14/2021
Triple fee starts on 4/15/2021 - 4/20/2021
Registration closes on 4/20/2021 Withdraw Deadline - 4/14/2021
Head Referee: Abbas Fadel
Host Hotel - Preferred
Prince Conference Center
Address: 1800 East Beltline SE Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Discounted rate: $105 + tax, including boxed breakfast
Use their Group Code: FENCE. If there are any questions or you would like to make any adjustments please let us know by email email@example.com or phone (616) 526-7200.
Here is a link to online reservation:
Previously Identified as Host Hotel - Cancel reservation and make a new one at Prince Conference Center. Crowne Plaza will not provide a breakfast
The Plaza Grand Rapids Airport Hotel & Conference Center
To book your room, please follow the link below:
-Please call the hotel at 616-957-1770 and ask for the front desk to book your reservation.
-Please mention the Block Name "GRAFA Third Coast Fencing" to receive a discounted room rate:
Discounted RATE: $95.00 +tax,
Rates Include for the following Room Types: Two Queen/Queen Beds and King Beds
-Must book reservation by: April 2nd, 2021 to guarantee a room
Hotel Address: 5700 28th Street SE Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Your current registrations for this tournament are listed here along with their status.
Only signed in users can register for events.Sign In
Saturday, April 24
Sunday, April 25
USA Fencing regional events follow the codes of conduct set by USA Fencing. Please carefully read the codes of conduct for spectators, coaches and members.
USA Fencing regional events follow the SafeSport and Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies as approved by the U.S. Center for SafeSport.
Important dates and upcoming deadlines.
All times are Pacific Standard Time (PST).