We couldn't do our event over the Halloween but neither COVID19 nor Zombies can stop one of the longest running Youth Tournaments in the area. But, because it’s not fall, this awesome event will be Escrime d’Un-Halloween! Come join us for a tournament that will scare the Zombies away from your life, and fight our way to a pointed experience!
Final 4 bouts will be videoed and posted on our YouTube Channel:
Subscribe NOW to get notices of bouts as we post them thru out the weekend.
Armory will be open on Friday between the hrs of 6-8pm.
Celebrate the 'scaring off of Zombies' with event wear. Price discounted if pre-ordered by April 22. Items can be picked up at the tournament or shipped. To pre-order go to: https://escrime-d-un-halloween.itemorder.com/sale
COVID-19 Guidelines (Subject to Change) - Read Carefully
Please DO NOT COME if you are feeling sick, have fever, don't feel well, have been in contact with anyone who has had COVID19. Please do NOT endanger others if there is ANY possibility you might have it or spread it.
• This tournament is subject to the state of Ohio laws and orders regarding COVID-19, including assembly of persons
• COVID-19 Protocols will be implemented throughout the whole tournament. There will be no exceptions. IF YOU CAN'T COMPLY DO NOT REGISTER
• If the tournament is cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns or by the order of USA Fencing, a full refund will be issued to all fencers except for admin fees.
• A temperature check will be taken before you enter the fencing room.
• Fencers are advised to wash their clothes each day before they come to tournaments. Armorers have the full right to decline checking unwashed or uncleaned equipment -No congregating or gathering in any doorways, hallways, or walkways. If you wish to socialize, GO OUTSIDE!
• Fencers to come to the venue semi-dressed up with knickers, socks and shoes on. No change of clothes in locker or restrooms is permitted.
• All events will be capped, and entry is on a first-come first-served basis - NO EXCEPTIONS. Once the tournament has filled to the capped amount, a wait list will begin. When an athlete withdraws from the event the next person on the waitlist will then have 48 hours to officially register for the event and pay event fees.
• Fencers 17 and under may be accompanied by ONE person; multiple fencers from the same family competing at the same time does not mean an additional spectator..
• Everyone in the venue must wear a face mask that covers nose and mouth except when eating and/or drinking. There are no exceptions. Facial coverings must be double layer. Single layer gaiters will not be permitted unless they have filters. We recommend that athletes bring more than one facial covering when competing, especially if doing more than one event. Athletes are recommended to step outside to eat.
If you are unable to wear a face mask stay home.
• No food or drink allowed in the fencing designated area. Water will be sold in the venue.
There will be a Food Truck in the parking lot from Barrios between the hours of 11 am and 2 pm. Here is a link to their menu.
Please stay outside to eat. There is an overhang to stay dry in inclement weather.
• No parents, coaches, or spectators are allowed in the designated fencing area. NO EXCEPTIONS. However, only one coach is allowed to assist a fencer during DE bouts. Coach will stand in a clearly designated area and will be instructed not to step out of this area until the bout ends. Violators will be escorted out of the venue immediately. Fencers, please relay this information to your coach
• Only fencers are allowed on the fencing floor, and must stay behind the strips all the times, except for the times they are fencing.
• Fencers are not allowed to touch the scoring machine, weights, shims, remote and scoresheet.
• Fencers to refrain from shaking hands after bouts. However, we encourage an acknowledgement of your opponent from behind your en garde such as a nod or bow. Please do NOT tap blades when mask is not protecting face.
• Fencers to refrain from shouting or screaming after scoring a touch.
• When you have finished fencing in your event, please gather up your belongings quickly and leave the building immediately. You may not stay and socialize. If you must socialize, please go outside.
• There may be additional instructions related to COVID-19 safety measures. We will keep this webpage updated and we will send a mass email to all participants with all instructions prior to the tournament.
• Y10 = 2010-2013
• Y12 = 2008-2011 (or on Y10 NRPS)
• Y14 = 2006-2009 (or on Y12 NRPS)
• CADET = 2004-2007 (or on Y14 NRPS)
As per USA Fencing, fencer from outside of region II are welcome, but will not earn regional points.
Youth events with 4 or fewer entries will be gender combined.
Medals for top 4.
Limited equipment available for purchase. (No specific vendor on premise). If you know you need/want something, please contact us in advance. Check and Venmo will be accepted. (We have a LARGE quantity of saber lames for SALE. Please inquiry!)
This site will continuously be updated as necessary.
Regular registration fees: Administrative fee $5 Event Sanctioning fee $6 Registration $24 Event Fee $45
After April 17 - April 27 Administration fee $15 $6 Registration fee $50 Event fee $90
Registration will be taken at the door at the discretion of the organizers IF there is space in your event AND you show up AT LEAST 30 mins before registration with proof of USA Fencing membership in good standing. Please contact us in advance if you wish to to fence after online registration closes on April 27 . Cost will be $210 for one event (which includes all registration fees and such.) $90 per additional event/second event.
Refund Policy: Event fee(s) will be refunded up until April 26 with written notice. Registration fees will not be refunded unless tournament is cancelled.
Remote referee clinic with Alex Gioiella will be over two consecutive Wednesdays April 21 and 28 starting at 5:30 pm. For more details go to:
If you would like to be observed for your referee rating, contact us to coordinate. Must have Safesport and background check if over 18 yrs old.
Hotel : Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 30500 Clemens Ave, Westlake OH 440-808-0500. Suites $95. indoor pool, grab and go breakfast. Mention Escrime d'Un-Halloween or Cyrano's Place to get discount on event rooms. (There is NO shuttle to airport or venue. ) Hotel is 15/20 mins from venue.
Hotel Reservation Link:
Your current registrations for this tournament are listed here along with their status.
Only signed in users can register for events.Sign In
Saturday, May 1
Sunday, May 2
The period will change on .
USA Fencing regional events follow the codes of conduct set by USA Fencing. Please carefully read the codes of conduct for spectators, coaches and members.
USA Fencing regional events follow the SafeSport and Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies as approved by the U.S. Center for SafeSport.
Important dates and upcoming deadlines.
All times are Pacific Standard Time (PST).