Welcome to the FAIRFAX CHALLENGE, the signature Fencing tournament of Region 6, and in the US.
35,000 Sq Ft Venue
Instructions to non-Region 6 Fencers:
If the system does not allow you to register, please send an email to email@example.com with fencer name, member ID, and what events and we will manually add your registration to the system.
- Start all events on time within few minutes after close registration
- No delay before and between rounds and no flighted events
- Highly skilled Bout Committee staff and highly ranked & licensed National and International referees
- Fredericksburg Expo & Conference Center, 2371 Carl D. Silver Parkway, Fredericksburg VI
- 35,000 SQ FT that can fit more than 30 grounded strips with plenty of room to allow for social distancing
- Plenty of parking space
- Host hotel plus 2 other overflow hotels are in the vicinity of the venue
- Around the clock cleaning and disinfecting routines throughout the whole venue
COVID-19 Guidelines (Subject to Change) - Read Carefully
- This tournament is subject to Virginia state laws and orders regarding COVID-19, including assembly of persons
- COVID-19 Protocols will be implemented throughout the whole tournament. There will be no exceptions. IF YOU CAN'T COMPLY DO NOT REGISTER
- If the tournament is cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns or by the order of USA Fencing, a full refund will be issued to all fencers except for admin fees.
- A temperature check will be taken before you enter the fencing room.
- Fencers are advised to wash their clothes each day before they come to tournaments. Armorers have the full right to decline checking unwashed or uncleaned equipment
- Equipment Check will be open on Friday December 18. Details to follow.
- Chairs will be placed on the floor in designated locations to allow for social distancing. Any violators will be escorted out of the building. No personal chairs or alternative seating options are allowed on the floor.
-No congregating or gathering in any doorways, hallways, or walkways.
- Fencers to come to the venue semi-dressed up with knickers, socks and shoes on. No change of clothes in locker or restrooms is permitted.
- All events will be capped, and entry is on a first-come first-served basis - NO EXCEPTIONS. Once the tournament has filled to the capped amount, a wait list will begin. When an athlete withdraws from the event the next person on the wait list will then have 48 hours to officially register for the event and pay event fees.
- Fencers 17 and under may be accompanied by ONE person, whether it's a parent, coach, etc. Multiple fencers from the same family competing at the same time does not mean an additional spectator.
- Fencers 18 and over may not bring an additional person. However, if several adult fencers from the same club would like a coach, they will be permitted one coach per club. The club must send a request with the coaches name to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, December 14th, 2020.
- Everyone in the venue must wear a face mask that covers nose and mouth except when eating and/or drinking. There are no exceptions. If you are unable to wear a face mask stay home.
- Face Shield is not a replacement to face mask.
- No food or drink allowed in the fencing designated area and none will be sold in the venue. You must bring your own food/drink
- No parents, coaches, or spectators are allowed in the designated fencing area. NO EXCEPTIONS. However, only one coach is allowed to assist a fencer during DE bouts. Coach will stand in a clearly designated area and will be instructed not to step out of this area until the bout ends. Violators will be escorted out of the venue immediately. Fencers, please relay this information to your coach
- Only fencers are allowed on the fencing floor, and must stay behind the strips all the times, except for the times they are fencing.
- Fencers are not allowed to touch the scoring machine, weights, shims, remote and scoresheet. Fencers are not required to sign the score sheet or DE slips. They can check the results at www.fencingtimelive.com instead and report any error to the Bout Committee
- Fencers to refrain from shaking hands after bouts
- Fencers to refrain from shouting or screaming after scoring a touch.
- When you have finished fencing in your event, please gather up your belongings quickly and leave the building immediately. You may not stay and socialize
- No medal ceremony. Top 8 to receive their medals from Bout Committee on their way out. However, fencers will have the chance to take photos with the Fairfax Challenge banner in the background in their way out.
- Anything left at the end of the day (Lost & Found) will be thrown out. No Exceptions
- No monitors to display pools or results. Check live tournament results and tournament progress at www.fencingtimelive.com
- There may be additional instructions related to COVID-19 safety measures. We will keep this webpage updated and we will send a mass email to all participants with all instructions prior to the tournament.
Please send any question to email@example.com
Check our website http://www.fairfaxchallenge.com
RYC Guidelines - click here
RJCC Guidelines - click here
- Y10 = 2010-2013
- Y12 = 2008-2011 (or on Y10 NRPS)
- Y14 = 2006-2009 (or on Y12 NRPS)
- CADET = 2004-2007 (or on Y14 NRPS)
- JUNIOR = 2001-2007 (or on Cadet NRPS)
Current point standings click here
- All times are Close of Check-in
- Start time of events are subject to change to maintain load balancing. We will notify all fencers if there will be any change in start times
- Capping of events is subject to change to maintain reasonable number of attendees throughout the whole days
Saturday December 19th
- 8:00 AM – CMF [New Time]
- 8:00 AM - Y14 ME
- 8:00 AM - Y10 MS
- 8:00 AM - Y14 WF
- 8:00 AM - Y12 WE
- 10:30 AM - Y14 MS
- 12:00 PM - Y12 MF
- 12:00 PM - JME
- 12:00 PM - Y10 ME
- 02:30 PM - Y10 WF
- 02:30 PM – CWS
- 04:00 PM – JMS
- 04:00 PM - JWF
- 04:00 PM - CWE
- 04:00 PM - Y12 WS [New Time]
Sunday December 20th
- 8:00 AM - JMF
- 8:00 AM - Y10 MF
- 8:00 AM - Y12 WF
- 8:00 AM - Y14 WE
- 10:30 AM - Y12 MS
- 10:30 AM - Y10 WS [New Time]
- 12:00 PM - Y14 MF
- 12:00 PM – CME [New Time]
- 12:00 PM - Y10 WE
- 12:00 PM - Y14 WS
- 02:30 PM – CMS
- 04:00 PM - Y12 ME [New Time]
- 04:00 PM - CWF
- 04:00 PM - JWE
- 04:00 PM - JWS
- Venue opens 6:30AM Saturday and Sunday. We recommend arriving at least 1 hour before close of check-in.
- Proof of current USA Fencing membership, current FIE license, or foreign federation membership must be presented. If a fencer is not a member yet, or membership has expired, the fencer has to complete and pay for USA Fencing membership at the door.
- To become a member of USA Fencing click here
- All fencers must have a USA Fencing membership card or a clearly legible copy to use the Auto Check-In feature.
- Fencers to present proof of age: Original or copies of birth certificate, passport or driver's license, unless if the USA Fencing membership card has "Birth year is Verified " is noted on the card.
- Fencers must check in everyday they compete.
- Equipment Vendor - Blue Gauntlet Fencing Gear Blue-Gauntlet.com
- Official Event Merchandiser - Lamsah for T-Shirts & Custom Printing