Battle in Space City RYC/RJCCC
May 15-16, 2021
Welcome to the BATTLE IN SPACE CITY, the signature Fencing Tournament of Region 5.
24,614 Sq Ft Venue - 25 Strips
Tournament is Open to ALL Regions
Tournament is open to all Regions; however only Region 5 fencers can earn points
- University of Houston Campus Recreation and Wellness Center 24,614 Sq Ft with 25 grounded strips
- 4500 University Dr, Houston, TX 77004
- Around the clock cleaning and disinfecting routines throughout the whole venue
- Start all events on time within few minutes after close registration
- No delay before and between rounds, and no flighted events
- Highly skilled Bout Committee staff and highly ranked & licensed National and International referees
COVID-19 Guidelines (Subject to Change) - Read Carefully
- This tournament is subject to state laws and orders regarding COVID-19, including assembly of persons
- COVID-19 Protocols will be implemented throughout the whole tournament. There will be no exceptions. IF YOU CAN'T COMPLY DO NOT REGISTER
- If the tournament is cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns or by the order of USA Fencing, a full refund will be issued to all fencers except for admin fees.
- A temperature check will be taken before you enter the fencing room.
- Fencers are advised to wash their clothes each day before they come to tournaments. Armorers have the full right to decline checking unwashed or uncleaned equipment
- Chairs will be placed on the floor in designated locations to allow for social distancing. Any violators will be escorted out of the building. No personal chairs or alternative seating options are allowed on the floor.
-No congregating or gathering in any doorways, hallways, or walkways.
- Fencers to come to the venue semi-dressed up with knickers, socks and shoes on. No change of clothes in locker or restrooms is permitted.
- All events will be capped, and entry is on a first-come first-served basis - NO EXCEPTIONS. Once the tournament has filled to the capped amount, a wait list will begin. When an athlete withdraws from the event the next person on the wait list will then have 48 hours to officially register for the event and pay event fees.
- Fencers 17 and under may be accompanied by ONE person, whether it's a parent, coach, etc. Multiple fencers from the same family competing at the same time does not mean an additional spectator.
- Fencers 18 and over may not bring an additional person. However, if several adult fencers from the same club would like a coach, they will be permitted one coach per club. The club must send a request with the coach’s name to firstname.lastname@example.org Monday, May 3rd, 2021.
- Everyone in the venue must wear a face mask that covers nose and mouth except when eating and/or drinking. There are no exceptions. If you are unable to wear a face mask stay home.
- Face Shield is not a replacement to face mask.
- No food or drink allowed in the fencing designated area and none will be sold in the venue. You must bring your own food/drink
- No parents, coaches, or spectators are allowed in the designated fencing area. NO EXCEPTIONS. However, only one coach is allowed to assist a fencer during DE bouts. Coach will stand in a clearly designated area and will be instructed not to step out of this area until the bout ends. Violators will be escorted out of the venue immediately. Fencers, please relay this information to your coach
- Only fencers are allowed on the fencing floor, and must stay behind the strips all the times, except for the times they are fencing.
- Fencers are not allowed to touch the scoring machine, weights, shims, remote and scoresheet. Fencers are not required to sign the score sheet or DE slips. They can check the results at www.fencingtimelive.com instead and report any error to the Bout Committee
- Fencers to refrain from shaking hands after bouts
- Fencers to refrain from shouting or screaming after scoring a touch.
- When you have finished fencing in your event, please gather up your belongings quickly and leave the building immediately. You may not stay and socialize
- No medal ceremony. Top 8 to receive their medals from Bout Committee on their way out.
- Anything left at the end of the day (Lost & Found) will be thrown out. No Exceptions
- No monitors to display pools or results. Check live tournament results and tournament progress at www.fencingtimelive.com
- There may be additional instructions related to COVID-19 safety measures. We will keep this webpage updated and we will send a mass email to all participants with all instructions prior to the tournament.
- Please send any questions to email@example.com
Check our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Battleinspacecity/
RYC Guidelines - click here
RJCC Guidelines - click here
- Y10 = 2010-2013
- Y12 = 2008-2011 (or on Y10 NRPS)
- Y14 = 2006-2009 (or on Y12 NRPS)
- CADET = 2004-2007 (or on Y14 NRPS)
- JUNIOR = 2001 - 2007 (or on CADET NRPS)
Current point standings click here
- All times are Close of Check-in
- Start time of events are subject to change to maintain load balancing. We will notify all fencers if there will be any change in start times
- Capping of events is subject to change to maintain reasonable number of attendees throughout the whole day
Schedule IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Saturday May 15th
- 8:00AM Junior Men's Foil
- 8:00AM Y14 Men's Epee
- 8:00AM Junior Men's Saber
- 8:00AM Junior Women's Epee
- 8:00AM Cadet Women's Saber
- 12:00 PM Y14 Men's Foil
- 12:00 PM Y10 Men's Epee
- 12:00 PM Y14 Men's Saber
- 12:00 PM Cadet Women's Foil
- 12:00 PM Y14 women's Epee
- 4:00PM Y10 Men's Foil
- 4:00PM Junior Men's Epee
- 4:00PM Y10 Men's Saber
- 4:00PM Y12 Women's Foil
- 4:00PM Y10 Women's Epee
- 4:00PM Y12 Women's Saber
Sunday May 16th
- 8:00AM Cadet Men's Foil
- 8:00AM Cadet Men's Epee
- 8:00AM Y12 Men's Saber
- 8:00AM Junior Women's Foil
- 8:00AM Cadet Women's Epee
- 8:00AM Junior Women's Saber
- 12:00 PM Y12 Men's Foil
- 12:00 PM Y12 Men's Epee
- 12:00 PM Y14 Women's Foil
- 12:00 PM Y12 Women's Epee
- 2:00 PM Cadet Men's Saber
- 2:00PM Y10 Women's Foil
- 2:00PM Y14 Women's Saber
- 2:00PM Y10 Women's Saber
- Venue opens 7:00AM each day. We recommend to arrive at least 1 hour before close of check-in.
- Proof of current USFencing membership, current FIE license, or foreign federation membership must be presented. If fencer is not a member yet, or membership expired, fencer has to complete and pay for USFencing membership at the door.
- All fencers have to sign up a
WAIVER to enter the facility. Parents DO NOT need to fill in that waiver anymore. Please click here to download the waiver and sign it before arriving to speed up check-in process.
- Foreign fencers must obtain a "Foreign Fencer" USFencing membership (free of charge). This can be done before arriving to the event to expedite check-in. To be a member in USFencing click here
- All fencers have to have USFencing membership card or clearly legible copy to use Auto Check-In feature.
- Fencers to present proof of age: Original or copies of birth certificate or passport, unless if USFencing membership card has "Birth year is Verified " is noted on the card.
- Fencers must check in everyday they compete.
- Connor Porter’s Family in Memory of Connor Porter
- Synchronized Kneads
- Equipment Vendor - Blue Gauntlet Fencing Gear Blue-Gauntlet.com