Alice B. Memorial RJCC
Saturday, Oct. 9, and Sunday, Oct. 10, 2020
Houston Athletic Fencing Center
4997 W. Bellfort
Houston, TX 77035
- Registration opens Monday, Aug. 2, 2021.
- REGULAR REGISTRATION EXTENDED: Closes Thursday, Sept. 30, 2021.
- Late registration closes Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2021.
- Walk-ins accepted.
Please read all the information below.
Note especially that COVID precautions are in place.
Please be aware that each fencer may have up to two spectators (family members) in the venue this weekend. To ensure that capacity is limited and that all attendees are healthy, we ask that you complete the BCFA Plus-Two Form (pdf) and bring it with you to the event. One form is required per fencer.
We also wish to remind you of other COVID-19 precautions in place:
- All persons in the venue must wear a facemask covering their nose and mouth at all times. Gaiters, bandanas, and masks with vents don't count. Nor does pulling your shirt over your face. Please don't make us be the mask police. We don't like it, you don't like it, and it takes the joy out of the event for everyone.
- USA Fencing has indicated that the Leon Paul face mask shield is not permitted during competition. See all the mask guidelines on on the FAQ on Mask Wearing During Fencing or Other Exercise page.
- Only fencers may drink in the fencing area. Spectators and coaches may drink and eat in the foyer and on the bleachers. Come hang out with Bout Committee and armory and swap fencing tales.
- No food will be sold at this event. We'll have water and Gatorade for sale, but nothing else. Please be sure to bring your own snacks and food.
- Please do not come to the event if you have any COVID-19 symptoms. Sharing is usually caring, but in this case, it's not.
- Be aware that if someone does not comply with our protocols, we'll ask them to leave. If you're not willing or able to follow these protocols, kindly do not come.
Jump to a section:
Events by Type | Back to top
- Cadet Men's Foil: Event closes Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021 at 11 a.m.
- Cadet Men's Saber: Event closes Sunday, Oct. 10, 2021 at 2 p.m.
- Cadet Men's Epée: Event closes Sunday, Oct. 10, 2021 at 11:30 a.m.
- Cadet Women's Foil: Event closes Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021 at 9 a.m.
- Cadet Women's Saber: Event closes Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021 at 3 p.m.
- Cadet Women's Epée: Event closes Sunday, Oct. 10, 2021 at 8:30 a.m.
- Junior Men's Foil: Event closes Sunday, Oct. 10, 2021 at 8 a.m.
- Junior Men's Saber: Event closes Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021 at 2 p.m.
- Junior Men's Epée: Event closes Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021 at 8 a.m.
- Junior Women's Foil: Event closes Sunday, Oct. 10, 2021 at 10:30 a.m.
- Junior Women's Saber: Event closes Sunday, Oct. 10, 2021 at 1 p.m.
- Junior Women's Epée: Event closes Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021 at 1 p.m.
Events by Day | Back to top
- Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021
- Junior Men's Epée: Event closes 8 a.m.
- Cadet Women's Foil: Event closes 9 a.m.
- Cadet Men's Foil: Event closes 11 a.m.
- Junior Women's Epée: Event closes 1 p.m.
- Junior Men's Saber: Event closes 2 p.m.
- Cadet Women's Saber: Event closes 3 p.m.
Birth Year Requirements, 2021-2022 Season | Back to top
If a fencer's USFA membership card does not show their birth date as "Verified: Yes" (see back of card), they must bring proof of age to registration.
- Sunday, Oct. 10, 2021
- Junior Men's Foil: Event closes 8 a.m.
- Cadet Women's Epée: Event closes 8:30 a.m.
- Junior Women's Foil: Event closes 10:30 a.m.
- Cadet Men's Epée: Event closes 11:30 a.m.
- Junior Women's Saber: Event closes 1 p.m.
- Cadet Men's Saber: Event closes 2 p.m.
Passports, birth certificates, and other government-issued IDs are acceptable; school IDs are not.
Fees | Back to top
- Cadet: 2005-2008
- Junior: 2002-2008
Payment is accepted only through USA Fencing.
Registration | Back to top
Equipment Check | Back to top
- Registration is accepted only through USA Fencing.
- Registration will open one hour prior to the close of each event.
- Fencers in all events must show their USFA membership card at registration.
- All fencers must sign a Waiver of Liability form, available through USA Fencing.
Tournament Hotel | Back to top
Sheraton Suites Galleria
- Equipment check will open one hour prior to the close of the first event, and remain open through the last event. Full equipment checks will be performed.
- Foil fencers must have one mask, two mask cords, two body cords, a lamé, a glove, and two weapons.
- Saber fencers must have one mask, two mask cords, two body cords, a lamé, a conductive glove or manchet, and two weapons.
- Epée fencers must have one mask, two body cords, a glove, and two weapons.
- Armorers will be on hand to perform minor equipment repairs. If equipment cannot be repaired, new equipment may be purchased in The Fencing Store. Cash and checks accepted.
2400 West Loop South
Houston, TX 77027
Ask for David Kelley when making your reservation.
Rate: $109 per night, single or double room.
Rooms are limited; make reservations as early as possible.
Shopping and Drinks | Back to top
Visiting Our Salle | Back to top
- The Fencing Store, located within the Houston Athletic Fencing Center, is a fully equipped fencing store with full lines of equipment, t-shirts, tools, fencing shoes, fencing novelties, etc. Cash and checks accepted.
- At the venue, drinks will be available for purchase. Cash accepted.
- Meyerland Plaza, just a mile away from the salle, features multiple department stores and speciality chains. Target, JCPenney, Palais Royal, Best Buy, Office Max, and more are just two minutes away.
- The Galleria, four miles north of the salle on Loop 610 West, offers premier shopping and dining. Neiman Marcus, Dillards, Macy's, Nordstroms, and Saks Fifth Avenue round out its anchor stores; hundreds of additional retailers offer wares on three floors of shopping around an indoor ice rink. Website: https://www.simon.com/mall/the-galleria
- No food in the fencing area. Drinks are permitted in covered containers (bottled drinks, water bottles).
- Please pick up your trash.
- Chairs are available in the fencing area for folks to watch the events. Bleachers are available in the observation area outside the fencing area.
- Please do not interfere with the referees during bouts.
- No running in the fencing area at any time.