Welcome to the New Jersey Fencing Alliance RYC/RJCC
To sign up for Veteran events click here
Live Results click here
NJFA’s commitment to the competitors is to provide an exceptional fencing experience at this event. As experienced organizers, we will utilize licensed national and international referees and experienced bout committee, armorers, and tournament managers. We intend to start each event within 10 minutes of the close of registration.
- SportsPlex at Metuchen: 215 Durham Ave, Metuchen, NJ 08840
- 75,000 Sq. Ft. fully air-conditioned open space venue
- 48 grounded strips
- Plenty of parking space
- Around the clock cleaning and disinfecting routines throughout the whole venue
Important - Read Carefully
- All events will be capped, and entry is on a first-come first-served basis - NO EXCEPTIONS. Once the tournament has filled to the capped amount, a waitlist will begin. When an athlete withdraws from the event the next person on the waitlist will then have 48 hours to officially register for the event and pay event fees.
- All fencing strips will be surrounded by stanchions (Fencing Zones). Spectators are to sit outside the stanchions at all times.
- No food or drink is allowed in Fencing Zones.
- No parents, coaches, or spectators are permitted inside the fencing zones. NO EXCEPTIONS. However, only one coach is permitted to assist a fencer during DE bouts. The coach will be permitted to stand in a designated area and will be required to remain in this area until the end of the bout. Coaches who violate this rule will be requested to leave the venue immediately. Fencers, please relay this information to your coach.
- Fencers are to remain outside of the Fencing Zones until they are called to fence.
- Fencers are required to sign the score sheet and DE slips after completing pools and DE bouts. Results can be found at . Any errors found must be reported to the bout committee immediately.
- Monitors will be placed throughout the venue which will display pools and results. You can also check live tournament results and tournament progress at .
Food & Drink
A water bottle refill station will be available. Water will be available for purchase from the venue. The concession stand will be open during the tournament, and many local restaurants are a 10 minute walk from the venue, or a 4 minute drive. Metuchen offers many independent restaurants—Thai, pizza, Japanese, Greek, seafood, ramen, bagels, Indian, French, northern Italian, Italian-American, Irish, and more. For a sweet treat after the tournament, there are several ice cream shops, an Italian ice spot, and a French-Latin bakery.
- Current Point Standings - click here
All times posted represent close of check in.
Event start times are subject to change. All fencers will be notified if there are any start time changes.
Schedule IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Saturday September 16
- 8:30 AM Junior Men’s Foil
- 8:00 AM Y14 Men’s Epee
- 8:00 AM Cadet Women’s Epee
- 8:00 AM Y12 Women’s Foil
- 8:00 AM Y10 Men’s Sabre
- 9:30 AM Y8 Women’s Epee
- 9:30 AM Y8 Men’s Epee
- 12:00 PM Y10 Women’s Epee
- 11:30 AM Y12 Men’s Sabre
- 11:30 AM Y12 Women’s Sabre
- 11:30 PM Y10 Women’s Foil
- 1:00 PM Y8 Men’s Sabre
- 1:00 PM Y8 Women’s Sabre
- 1:00 PM Y14 Men’s Foil
- 3:30 PM Junior Men’s Epee
- 3:30 PM Y12 Women’s Epee
- 3:30 PM Cadet Women’s Foil
- 3:30 PM Cadet Women’s Sabre
- 5:30 PM Y10 Women's Sabre
- 5:30 PM Cadet Men's Sabre
- 5:30 PM Veteran's Mixed Foil
- 5:30 PM Veteran's Mixed Sabre
Sunday September 17
- 8:00 AM Junior Women's Sabre
- 8:00 AM Cadet Men’s Foil
- 8:00 AM Y14 Women’s Foil
- 8:00 AM Y10 Men's Foil
- 8:00 AM Y12 Men’s Epee
- 12:00 PM Y8 Women’s Foil
- 12:00 PM Y8 Men’s Foil
- 12:00 PM Junior Women’s Epee
- 12:00 PM Y12 Men’s Foil
- 12:00 PM Y14 Men’s Sabre
- 2:00 PM Cadet Men’s Epee
- 4:00 PM Junior Women’s Foil
- 4:00 PM Y10 Men’s Epee
- 4:00 PM Y14 Women’s Epee
- 5:30 PM Junior Men's Sabre
- 5:30 PM Y14 Women's Sabre
- 5:30 PM Veteran's Mixed Epee
- Venue will be open at 6:30AM both days. We recommend arriving at least 1 hour before your close of check-in.
- Proof of current USA Fencing membership is required. If a fencer is not a member yet, or their membership has expired, the fencer has to complete and pay for a USA Fencing membership at the door.
- To become a member of USA Fencing click here
- All fencers must have a USA Fencing membership card or a clearly legible copy to use the Auto Check-In feature.
- Fencers are to present proof of age: Original or copies of birth certificate, passport or driver's license, unless the USA Fencing membership card has "Birth year is Verified " noted on the card.
- Fencers will be required to check in each day they compete and for every event they are competing in.
Fencers are required to have their equipment checked prior to competing. Equipment check will be open one hour before the start of competition.
Medals will be awarded to the top 8 fencers in each event.
- Equipment Vendor - Absolute Fencing Gear